Britney Spears Tops Taylor Swift, Rihanna as Highest Paid Female Musician of 2012
A platinum album, worldwide tour and lucrative $15 million “X Factor” deal contributed to the pop star’s earnings this year.
Britney Spears is still the reigning queen of pop.
The 31-year-old raked in a whopping $58 million in 2012 according to Forbes, making her the highest paid female musician of the year. Spears reportedly out-earned Taylor Swift ($57 million), Rihanna ($53 million), Lady Gaga ($52 million) and Katy Perry ($45 million) for the honor, but still fell short of her own 2010 earnings ($64 million).
Though her latest album was released in 2011, Spears continues to bring in money from the Platinum-certified Femme Fatale and its accompanying tour, which together accounted for the bulk of her revenue. Adding millions to her bottom line were endorsement deals and a fragrance line with Elizabeth Arden, not to mention her lucrative $15 million contract to serve as one of four judges on season two of Simon Cowell’s The X Factor USA.
With the X Factor finale just one week away, and the Fox reality competition already renewed for a third season, Spears’ potential involvement in season three remains up in the air. Asked by reporters whether she’d be back for the next go-around, Spears replied, “Who knows. I don’t know. We’ll see.”
Email: Sophie.Schillaci@THR.com; Twitter: @SophieSchillaci
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR