Britney Spears Tops Taylor Swift, Rihanna as Highest Paid Female Musician of 2012
A platinum album, worldwide tour and lucrative $15 million “X Factor” deal contributed to the pop star’s earnings this year.
Britney Spears is still the reigning queen of pop.
The 31-year-old raked in a whopping $58 million in 2012 according to Forbes, making her the highest paid female musician of the year. Spears reportedly out-earned Taylor Swift ($57 million), Rihanna ($53 million), Lady Gaga ($52 million) and Katy Perry ($45 million) for the honor, but still fell short of her own 2010 earnings ($64 million).
Though her latest album was released in 2011, Spears continues to bring in money from the Platinum-certified Femme Fatale and its accompanying tour, which together accounted for the bulk of her revenue. Adding millions to her bottom line were endorsement deals and a fragrance line with Elizabeth Arden, not to mention her lucrative $15 million contract to serve as one of four judges on season two of Simon Cowell’s The X Factor USA.
With the X Factor finale just one week away, and the Fox reality competition already renewed for a third season, Spears’ potential involvement in season three remains up in the air. Asked by reporters whether she’d be back for the next go-around, Spears replied, “Who knows. I don’t know. We’ll see.”
Email: Sophie.Schillaci@THR.com; Twitter: @SophieSchillaci
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kaley Cuoco Cuts Her Hair Short, Debuts Blonder Bob Hairdo!
- Emma Stone & Andrew Garfield Bring 'Spider-Man' to 'GMA,' Get Us Really Pumped for the Movie!
- Beyonce Explores Concept of Beauty in 'Pretty Hurts' Video Premiere - Watch Now!
- Third 'Hobbit' Film 'There and Back Again' Renamed to 'Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'