Brittany Murphy’s House Will Avoid Foreclosure Auction
1:06 PM PST 1/31/2011 by Alex Ben Block
Spokesman Roger Neal tells THR the actress' mother has already received two “bonafide offers.”
Brittany Murphy’s mother Sharon Murphy is in the process of selling her 8,000 square foot Hollywood Hills home, and already has two “bonafide offers,” according to her spokesman Roger Neal. “There will be no (foreclosure) auction,” said Neal.In any case the date for an auction has been postponed to Feb. 14, and could be put off again as behind the scenes negotiations to sell the property continue. A statement Monday issued on behalf of Sharon Murphy said, “The trustee sale has been postponed and the seller is currently in negotiation with several parties regarding potential sale.” TMZ reported on Sunday that the property was listed for an auction today. Neal said he “blasted” TMZ for an inaccurate report. TMZ today reported the two week extension on any possible foreclosure auction. The asking price for the house is $4.995 million, and it is being handled by Aitan Segal of Rodeo Realty’s Beverly Hills office. Sharon Murphy bought the house with her daughter in 2003 for $3.85 million from Brittany Spears, who had lived there with Justin Timberlake until their breakup. Madonna has also lived in the five-bedroom, five-bath tri-level Mediterranean mansion, which sits on 1.29 acres on a cul de sac, at one time. Related: The final difficult days of Brittany Murphy The house currently has a first mortgage of just over $4 million, and second mortgage for about $500,000, according to real estate records. The house had been put on the market in March 2010 shortly after Brittany died with an asking price of $7.5 million, but was taken off the market a month later. Neal said that Sharon Murphy has been quietly working with a lawyer and realtor to find new buyers. Neal said it is a regular sale, not a short sale, and that it will be done in normal fashion. Brittany Murphy passed away in the house on Dec. 20, 2009 and left the house to her mother. Brittany’s husband Simon Monjack died there five months later of similar causes on May 23, 2010. Neal said Sharon Murphy was in the process of choosing a new place to live, and will have time to make her arrangements and dispose of the contents of the house on her own schedule. Neal said naturally after what happened in the house, she is ready to move on. “I think she wants a fresh start,” said Neal.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game