Broadcast Critics Set TV Awards for June
The third annual event doesn’t have a broadcast deal yet, but the group is said to be in discussions with several networks about carrying the show.
The Broadcast Television Journalists Association said Thursday that it will hold the third annual Critics Choice Television Awards on June 10 at the Beverly Hilton.
There is no TV deal in place to broadcast the awards, but sources at the association said they are in discussions and hope to have a TV deal for the show soon. Last year, the show was not televised. The first year it was on the Reelz Channel, and parts also were on or rebroadcast on VH1.
The group is best known for its Critics Choice Movie Awards, which had its 19th annual event (televised) earlier this year.
Categories include best comedy series, best drama series, best movie or miniseries, best talk show, best reality series and most exciting new series. Nominees will be announced May 23.
The TV awards will honor shows that aired between June 1, 2012, and May 31, 2013. There are 77 voting members, including executive board members Joey Berlin, president of the group; Debra Birnbaum (TV Guide Magazine); Jenna Busch (Zap2It.com); John De Simio, who also oversees the group's membership directory; and Sam Rubin (KTLA-TV).
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Neil Patrick Harris is the Theatrical Man of the Year at Hasty Pudding Awards!
- President Barack Obama & Zach Galifianakis Throw Insults Back & Forth for 'Between Two Ferns' (Video)
- Kristen Bell Makes a Switcheroo for 'Veronica Mars' Premiere After Party!
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting