Broadway Star Joins Johnny Depp in 'Into the Woods'
UPDATE: Studio says no deal is in place with Tony-winner James Corden.
Disney's big-screen adaptation of the beloved Stephen Sondheim musical Into the Woods has found its Baker.
[UPDATE: Sources say there is no deal in place for Corden to board the project.]
British actor James Corden -- who won a Tony last year for his work in Broadway's One Man, Two Guvnors -- has been cast in the lead role of the married bread maker who longs for a baby after a spell of barrenness is placed on his wife by the witch next door, a Disney casting notice confirms.
Corden joins Johnny Depp, who has officially signed on to play the story's lascivious Wolf, and Meryl Streep, who plays the self-serving -- if not quite wicked -- Witch.
Oscar-winner Rob Marshall, who previously directed Depp in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, helms the adaptation, which begins filming in London in September.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10