Berlin 2013: 'The Broken Circle Breakdown' Sells Globally
Felix van Groeningen’s drama won both the Europa Cinemas award and the Panorama Audience Award in Berlin.
BERLIN -- The Match Factory has notched several major territory deals for Felix van Groeningen’s The Broken Circle Breakdown, one of this year's Berlin Film Festival's true crowd-pleasers.
The drama has sold to more than 20 territories including Germany (Pandora Film), Switzerland (Filmcoopi), France (Bodega), Australia/New Zealand (EOne), Greece (Seven Films), Poland (Against Gravity), Ex-Yugoslavia (Demiurg), Sweden (Njutafilms), and South Korea (SY Comad).
The drama focuses on the love story between two very different people -- one a religious realist, the other a romantic atheist -- whose love and faith is tested when their daughter is diagnosed with a terminal illness.
It has proved a hit with critics -- the Europa Cinemas group of art house cinema owners gave it its best European film honor -- as well as audiences. Berlin viewers voted it the best fiction film in the Panorama section of the Berlinale last week.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)