Former 'Survivor' Producer Extradited to Mexico for Wife's Murder
Bruce Beresford-Redman will stand trial for the 2010 killing of Monica Burgos.
Former Survivor producer Bruce Beresford-Redman has been extradited to Mexico to stand trial for the murder of his wife in Cancun, Reuters reports.
Beresford-Redman, who co-created MTV's Pimp My Ride and served as a supervising producer on the CBS reality series from 2003-04, is standing trial for killing his wife, Monica Burgos, 42, to whom he was married for 11 years. Her body was found in a sewer at a Cancun hotel in April 2010.
Prosecutors in Mexico claim that the couple had a violent fight before dumping her body, fleeing to the U.S. In November that same year, Beresford-Redman was arrested in Los Angeles.
A lawyer for Burgos' sisters said that the extradition "marks a major milestone in our journey to ensure justice for Monica."
Beresford-Redman's attorneys say that he will arrive in Cancun early Thursday morning.
If he is convicted of murder, Beresford-Redman would be facing 40 years to life in jail.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR