Bruce Boxleitner, A.J. Buckley join Syfy pics
'51 focuses on aliens; 'Doomsday' centers on Armageddon
Syfy has added two familiar names to its Saturday night movie lineup.
The network has booked Bruce Boxleitner ("Babylon 5") to star in original movie "51," about reporters trapped in a top-secret Air Force Base with malevolent aliens.
And A.J. Buckley ("CSI: NY") has been tapped to star in "The Doomsday Scrolls," about a book editor who tries to prevent Armageddon.
Both films will debut next year.
Also in castings: Paula Malcomson ("Caprica") will appear in seven episodes of FX's "Sons of Anarchy," and Paul Blackthorne ("Leverage") has landed a recurring role on ABC drama pilot "The Gates."
Got tips on TV industry news? Contact Hollywood Reporter TV Editor James Hibberd at email@example.com
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR