Bruce Dern to Receive Career Achievement Award at Palm Springs Film Festival
The "Nebraska" actor will be honored at the annual gala in January.
Bruce Dern will be honored at the Palm Springs International Film Festival, the organization announced Tuesday.
The Nebraska actor will receive the Career Achievement Award during the 25th annual awards gala, to be held from Jan. 3-14, 2014.
"Bruce Dern is truly a one of a kind performer," said Palm Springs Film Festival chairman Harold Matzner in a statement. "In his latest cinematic endeavor Nebraska, certainly deserving of award recognition, Dern brings his consummate acting gifts to the role of an inscrutable elderly father who, with his son, journeys to claim a million-dollar prize while ultimately coming face to face with his past. To Bruce Dern, who continues to challenge and delight audiences with each performance, the Palm Springs International Film Festival is proud to present the 2014 Career Achievement Award."
Previous honorees include Glenn Close, Robert Duvall, Clint Eastwood, Sally Field, Morgan Freeman and Helen Mirren.
In Alexander Payne's Nebraska, Dern stars as an aging father who thinks he's struck gold and tries to convince his son (played by Will Forte) to take a road trip with him to collect the prize money. Dern's role in the black-and-white drama also won him the Best Actor Award at this year's Cannes Film Festival.
Paramount's Nebraska opened in theaters on Nov. 15.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)