EXCLUSIVE: Bruce Perlmutter to Exit E! News
UPDATED: The veteran executive's departure is described by the network as a mutual decision.
Bruce Perlmutter is out as senior vp news and online for E! Entertainment, a network spokesperson tells The Hollywood Reporter.
The rep describes Perlutter's exit as a "mutual decision" and says he will officially leave the NBC Universal-owned network some time in August. The spokesperson adds that no replacement has been named.
Perlmutter has been running Los Angeles-based E! News across all of the network’s platforms, including the E! News show E! News Now and its E! Online web presence.
Bonnie Hammer, now chairman of NBCUniversal Cable Group, was given oversight of Comcast-owned E! when Comcast took control of NBCU in 2011. Lisa Berger, president of entertainment programming at the network, stepped down in January. E! is currently run by president Suzanne Kolb.
A veteran news executive with experience at MSNBC, CNN and Fox Business, Perlmutter jointed E! in March 2010 to run day-to-day news operations and oversee all news gathering.
Perlmutter also is a professor for Syracuse University teaching in Los Angeles.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer Addresses Sexual Abuse Allegations: They Are 'Outrageous' & 'Completely False'
- Elizabeth Banks Attends Screening for 'Walk of Shame', Wears Two Dresses!
- 'Jem & the Holograms' Leading Cast Revealed: Aubrey Peeples, Stefanie Scott, & More!
- Novak Djokovic Expecting First Child with Fiancee Jelena Ristic!