EXCLUSIVE: Bruce Perlmutter to Exit E! News
UPDATED: The veteran executive's departure is described by the network as a mutual decision.
Bruce Perlmutter is out as senior vp news and online for E! Entertainment, a network spokesperson tells The Hollywood Reporter.
The rep describes Perlutter's exit as a "mutual decision" and says he will officially leave the NBC Universal-owned network some time in August. The spokesperson adds that no replacement has been named.
Perlmutter has been running Los Angeles-based E! News across all of the network’s platforms, including the E! News show E! News Now and its E! Online web presence.
Bonnie Hammer, now chairman of NBCUniversal Cable Group, was given oversight of Comcast-owned E! when Comcast took control of NBCU in 2011. Lisa Berger, president of entertainment programming at the network, stepped down in January. E! is currently run by president Suzanne Kolb.
A veteran news executive with experience at MSNBC, CNN and Fox Business, Perlmutter jointed E! in March 2010 to run day-to-day news operations and oversee all news gathering.
Perlmutter also is a professor for Syracuse University teaching in Los Angeles.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR