Bruce Springsteen Crashes David Geffen's Documentary Premiere
The Boss was a walk-in at the mogul's star-studded Nov. 13 event, featuring Cher, Tom Hanks, Steven Spielberg and Warren Beatty.
This story first appeared in the Nov. 30 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
It’s clear that David Geffen’s the boss from the PBS American Masters documentary Inventing David Geffen: The man invented modern moguldom.
But at the L.A. premiere Nov. 13 at the Writers Guild Theater, hosted by Cher, Tom Hanks, Rita Wilson, Steven Spielberg, Kate Capshaw, Warren Beatty and Annette Bening, there was another boss present: Bruce Springsteen.
Organizers tell THR he was “a walk-in.” When a well-wisher congratulated him on helping to re-elect President Obama, Springsteen actually blushed.
“I only had a little, little bit to do with it,” he tells THR.
Meanwhile, at a Spago dinner afterward, some feelings were hurt when organizers apparently kept some of Geffen’s pals off the list.
Geffen himself arrived with date Oprah Winfrey and claimed to have nothing to do with the dinner guest list.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR