Bruce Springsteen MusiCares Tribute Draws Elton John, Mumford & Sons
Other announced performers for the Feb. 8 event include Kenny Chesney, Sting, Eddie Vedder and Neil Young.
Bruce Springsteen will be honored as MusiCares Person of the Year during Grammy week with a tribute event featuring performances by some of the biggest names in music, including Elton John, Mumford & Sons and Kenny Chesney.
The annual event -- now in its 23rd year -- celebrates a star's artistic accomplishments as well as their philanthropic work. Previous honorees include Bono, Tony Bennett, Aretha Franklin and last year's man of the hour, Paul McCartney.
The sold-out tribute event will take place Feb. 8 in Los Angeles -- two days before the Grammy Awards air on CBS -- and will be hosted by Jon Stewart.
Other announced performers include Alabama Shakes, Jackson Browne, Ben Harper, Emmylou Harris, Faith Hill, Jim James, Juanes, John Legend, Natalie Maines, Tim McGraw, Tom Morello, Patti Smith, Mavis Staples, Sting, Eddie Vedder and Neil Young.
Attendees will also include Neil Portnow, President/CEO of MusiCares and The Recording Academy; Scott Pascucci, MusiCares Foundation Board Chair; and Paul Caine, MusiCares Board Chair Emeritus. The night's musical director is Rob Mathes.
Proceeds go to MusiCares, which provides support to struggling musicians who are in financial, medical and personal need.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Cultural Appropriation FAQs, Featuring Vanessa Hudgens And The Return Of The Celebrity Bindi
- Katy Perry's 'Birthday' Music Video Ruins All Birthday Parties
- Betty White Tells Larry King She Doesn't Understand Homophobes
- Annecy attendees will be the first to feast their eyes on "Feast," Walt Disney Animation Studios' newest short