Bruce Springsteen Debuts New Song 'We Take Care of Our Own' (Video)
A source tells THR that the singer, whose latest track appears on his 17th studio album "Wrecking Ball," has added two new East Coast venues on his tour: Citi Field and MetLife stadiums.
Bruce Springsteen has released a brand-new song, dubbed "We Take Care of Our Own," from his forthcoming record, Wrecking Ball, dropping March 6.
The song hints at political themes on the album, which an earwitness told THR is the boss' "angriest" yet and "gets into economic justice." Sample lyrics: "Wherever this flag's flown/we take care of our own."
He pleads: "Where are the eyes, the eyes with the will to see? Where are the hearts that run over with mercy? Where's the love that has not forsaken me? Where's the work that set my hands, my soul free? Where's the spirits that will reign reign over me? Where's the promise from sea to shining sea?"
The album, recorded with the E Street Band and produced by Springsteen and Ron Aniello (Lifehouse, Jars of Clay), was mostly put together before the Occupy Wall Street protests that began last fall.
"Bruce has dug down as deep as he can to come up with this vision of modern life," said Springsteen's long-time manager, John Landau, in a statement Thursday. "The lyrics tell a story you can't hear anywhere else and the music is his most innovative in recent years. The writing is some of the best of his career and both veteran fans and those who are new to Bruce will find much to love on 'Wrecking Ball.'"
Springsteen, meanwhile, has added two arena concerts on his upcoming tour, a source tells THR: one at Citi Field, home of the New York Mets, and the other at MetLife Stadium, home of the New York Giants and Jets, in East Rutherford, N.J.
He'll give the keynote address at the music conference portion of South by Southwest on March 15 in Austin, coinciding with the album's release. The singer and his E Street Band, which has lost two longtime members in recent years -- Danny Federici in 2008 and legendary saxophonist Clarence Clemons in 2011 -- have a round of U.K. concert dates set for June as part of a 2012 tour of Europe and the U.S.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Emmy Rossum & Zoey Deutch Celebrate with Jimmy Choo at their CHOO.08 Launch Party!
- Zoe Saldana Is Pregnant with Fear in 'Rosemary's Baby' Trailer!
- Television Legend Valerie Harper 'Absolutely Cancer Free' After Battle with Terminal Brain Cancer
- Keri Russell's 'The Americans' Renewed for Third Season by FX!