Bruce Springsteen Announced as 2012 South By Southwest Keynote Speaker
The Boss will take center stage at the Austin, Texas music, film and tech industry confab on Thursday, March 15.
South By Southwest Media Conference and Festival, the annual gathering of music, film and tech industry professionals, today announced that rock legend Bruce Springsteen will be keynote speaker for the 2012 confab. The address will take place on Thursday, March 15, 2012 at the Austin Convention Center, where SXSW hosts dozens of panels, a trade show and performances.
The Boss joins keynote alumni like the late Johnny Cash, Carl Perkins, Lucinda Williams, Robert Plant, Pete Townshend, Smokey Robinson and Neil Young.
The speech will be open to all music and platinum registrants of SXSW, which showcases over 2000 acts from some 55 countries on 90 stages throughout downtown Austin. Conference registration is now open.
It was recently announced that a 2012 tour will take Springsteen and his E Street Band across the U.S. and to Europe. The first dates revealed are in England beginning June 21. It will be the first outing since the June death of saxophonist Clarence Clemons. Springsteen is also close to completing a new album to be released next year.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Grant Gustin Is Proud & Stoked to Wear 'Flash' Costume!
- Angelina Jolie Reveals She Will Have Another Preventative Cancer Surgery
- Shailene Woodley Slams 'Twilight' to 'Teen Vogue': It's About An Unhealthy, Toxic Relationship
- Sarah Michelle Gellar & James Wolk Are 'The Crazy Ones' at Hall of Fame Gala!