Bruce Springsteen to Play South by Southwest
The Boss, slated to give the keynote speech at the Austin festival, will also perform with his E Street Band on March 15.
Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band will play an intimate concert on March 15 at the South by Southwest Media Conference and Festival, the annual gathering of music, film and tech industry professionals.
The festival, dubbed SXSW, announced the much-rumored show on its website. A ticket drawing will determine who's admitted into the yet-to-be-named "intimate" venue.
All the way back in December, Springstreen was added to the lineup as a keynote speaker, scheduled to take the stage on the 15th -- which just so happens to be the same day as his concert -- at the Austin Convention Center, where SXSW hosts dozens of panels, a trade show and performances.
Past keynote alums include Johnny Cash, Carl Perkins, Lucinda Williams, Robert Plant, Pete Townshend, Smokey Robinson and Neil Young.
Springsteen's latest album, Wrecking Ball, will be released March 6. Along with E Street, he'll embark on a world tour beginning March 18 in Atlanta.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10