Bruckheimer Breaks His Silence
Exclusive: The "Lone Ranger" producer reveals how he slashed a $260 million megabudget to get Disney's green light.
Jerry Bruckheimer says he never had any doubt that The Lone Ranger would get made with star Johnny Depp. But the project proved to be the most difficult negotiation of his career after Disney halted production in August as the budget reportedly spiraled beyond $260 million. Disney CEO Robert Iger set a hard number -- $215 million, according to a knowledgeable source -- and agreed to go forward with Lone Ranger only if the filmmakers hit the target. In an exclusive interview with THR, Bruckheimer explains how they got there.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR