Bruno Mars' Mother Dies
Bernadette Hernandez immigrated from the Philippines to Hawaii, where she was a hula dancer and singer.
Bruno Mars’ mother, Bernadette Hernandez, died on Saturday, June 1, at the age of 55.
The Associated Press reports the cause of death as a brain aneurysm.
A Hawaii resident, Hernandez was a former hula dancer and singer who immigrated to the United States from the Philippines and had nurtured her son’s interest in entertainment.
She died at Honolulu at Queens Medical Center. No other information was provided by Mars’ label Atlantic Records.
The Grammy-winning Mars is scheduled to kick off a world tour on June 22 in Washington, D.C. His latest single, “When I Was Your Man,” is currently No. 10 on the Billboard Hot 100.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!