Bruno Mars, Peter Frampton, Carly Simon Confirmed for ASCAP 'I Create Music' EXPO
The event will also feature panels with industry execs from Warner Bros., Universal Motown and Atlantic Records.
Master sessions by singer-songwriter Carly Simon and '70s guitar icon Peter Frampton, as well as a featured interview with The Smeezingtons (comprised of Bruno Mars, Philip Lawrence and Ari Levine) highlight the first round of announcements for ASCAP's seventh annual "I Create Music" EXPO in Los Angeles April 19-21.
The EXPO, which last year honored Fleetwood Mac guitarist Lindsay Buckingham with a Golden Note Award, will also feature master sessions with Desmond Child and Darrell Brown, Dan Wilson, ASCAP Country Songwriter of the Year Allen Shamblin, and film composer Mark Isham, as well as small performances by the likes of Jonny Lang and Brett James.
The "I Create Music" EXPO was formed seven years ago to bring together industry vets, hit songwriters and composers, engineers and producers, and anyone involved in the creation of a song to discuss craft, strategy, and to network.
In addition to the master sessions and performances, the three day event will feature a number of panels with music industry executives from companies such as Warner Bros., Universal Motown, Atlantic Records, Spotify, BMG Chrysalis and Sony Music Nashville, as well as ASCAP President Paul Williams and artists such as Ryan Leslie, DJ White Shadow and Siedah Garrett.
Registration for the event is open now.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)