Bryan Cranston eyes Hanks-Roberts film
Bryan Cranston is in final negotiations to co-star with Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts in "Larry Crowne." Hanks also is directing the dramedy for Vendome and Universal.
Written by Hanks and Nia Vardalos, the story centers on the title character (Hanks), who is downsized from his job and decides to start over by enrolling in college. There he forms some unexpected bonds with fellow students while also catching the eye of a professor (Roberts).
Cranston, star of AMC's "Breaking Bad," is playing Roberts' husband, a blogger who spends most of his time looking at porn.
Hanks is producing with his Playtone partner Gary Goetzman. Vendome is financing the film, which begins principal photography this month in Los Angeles. Universal is distributing the movie domestically.
The UTA-repped Cranston has won back-to-back Emmys for his performance in "Bad," one of cable's critical darlings. He is shooting Disney's sci-fi tentpole "John Carter of Mars."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera