Bryan Cranston to Play Mayor of L.A. in 'Rock of Ages'
Cranston joins Tom Cruise, Alec Baldwin and Catherine Zeta-Jones in Adam Shankman's rock musical.
Bryan Cranston is the latest addition to the cast of the rock musical Rock of Ages.
Director Adam Shankman announced on Twitter on Saturday that Cranston, repped by UTA and a triple Emmy winner for AMC¹s Breaking Bad, will play the mayor of Los Angeles in the movie about an '80s rock club.
"So honored! Bryan Cranston is joining the cast of #rockofagesmovie! LA has a mayor!," Shankman tweeted.
The New Line production, which begins filming this month, is set to star Diego Gonzalez Boneta, Tom Cruise, Alec Baldwin, Mary J. Blige, Paul Giamatti, Julianne Hough and Catherine Zeta-Jones.
Shankman's Offspring Entertainment, Tobey Maguire's Maguire Entertainment and Corner Store Entertainment are producing, with Garrett Grant serving as executive producer.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack