Bryan Ferry to Perform at Dubai Film Festival
The Roxy Music frontman will perform at an private dinner following Dubai’s closing ceremonies.
Bryan Ferry to the Dubai Film Festival: You Can Dance.
The Roxy Music frontman will provide the musical entertainment for the VIPs attending this year’s Dubai International Film Festival. Ferry will perform at an intimate after-dinner event following the Dubai festival’s awards ceremony on Dec. 10.
This year’s festival jury, which includes Oscar winner Cate Blanchett, will announce the winner of Dubai’s top honor, the IWC Schaffhausen Filmmaker Award. The prize will be given to the best submitted script from a filmmaker from the Gulf region.
The four finalists up for the award Iraqi director Maysoon Pachachi for his script Nothing Doing in Baghdad; first-time filmmaker Mohammed Rashed Buali for The Sleeping Tree, a portrait of a traditional Bahraini family; the script to Girls in the Know by Fujairah-born Abdullah Al Kaabi and A to B, a comedy from local director Ali F. Mostafa about a group of friends planning a road trip from Abu Dhabi to Beirut.
The winner will receive $100,000 to help turn their script into a feature film.
The 2012 Dubai International Film Festival runs Dec. 9-16.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Cultural Appropriation FAQs, Featuring Vanessa Hudgens And The Return Of The Celebrity Bindi
- Katy Perry's 'Birthday' Music Video Ruins All Birthday Parties
- Betty White Tells Larry King She Doesn't Understand Homophobes
- Annecy attendees will be the first to feast their eyes on "Feast," Walt Disney Animation Studios' newest short