BSkyB Adds Independent Board Member to Replace Random House U.K. Boss
Standard Chartered Bank's Tracy Clarke will join the board as Gail Rebuck, chairman and CEO of book publisher Random House's British operations, retires from her board role.
LONDON - U.K. pay TV operator BSkyB on Tuesday announced its latest board change as it continues to replace retiring directors and adds independent directors.
Tracy Clarke is replacing Dame Gail Rebuck, chairman and CEO of book publisher Random House's British operations, who has retired after nine years on the board, the company said. Corporate governance critics have called for more independent directors on the firm's board.
Clarke, who qualifies as an independent non-executive director, is group head of human resources & communications at Standard Chartered Bank.
"Her expertise in banking, corporate affairs, human resources and leadership and team development will further strengthen the skills of our board," said BSkyB chairman Nicholas Ferguson.
Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. owns a 39 percent stake in BSkyB.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR