BSkyB Head of Comedy Lucy Lumsden Names Executive Team
The former BBC executive announces promotions and hires amid the pay TV company's increased investment into original programming, including comedy.
LONDON - U.K. pay TV giant BSkyB has established a bigger comedy content executive team amid a continued push into original comedy programming.
Lucy Lumsden, the company's head of comedy, on Thursday announced several executive additions and promotions that give her a dedicated team amid BSkyB's increased investment into original programming, including comedic fare.
Her team is developing comedy projects across the entire portfolio of Sky entertainment channels, including Sky 1, Sky Atlantic, Sky Living and Sky Arts. Lumsden recently said there is more room for comedy across the BSkyB portfolio of networks. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/bskyb-comedy-chris-odowd-16592
Former BBC executive Jon Mountague has come on board as commissioning editor for Lumsden's team, Saskia Schuster now serves as commissioning editor, and Ben Boyer as head of development, BSkyB said. They are helped by Nicole Muldowney who is the team's development coordinator.
Mountague previously worked as a producer and executive producer with the BBC, Lumsden's most recent employer. He then rose to the position of head of BBC Comedy North. Among the shows he worked on were I'm With Stupid, The Visit with Steve Edge and We Are Klang.
Schuster has been promoted from her previous role as executive producer on such Sky comedy projects as Little Crackers, a popular series of Sky 1 films from British comedy talent.
And Boyer has moved to the comedy programming team after most recently serving as senior content and commissioning producer at Sky 1 HD and Sky Atlantic HD, multiplatform. He was responsible for developing and producing extension offers for shows on digital platforms, such as the Thronecast in support of Game of Thrones and an online fan magazine tied to Lost.
Said Lumsden: "My new team brings together a very talented group that combines varied and broad tastes, experience, differing areas of expertise and excellent industry contacts."
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Aerosmith's 'Dream On' Performed To Honor Boston Marathon Victims And Survivors (VIDEO)
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"