BT Vision Inks Content Deal With Universal Networks International
The U.K. pay TV platform will offer Universal Channel, Syfy and E! Entertainment.
LONDON -- U.K. digital platform BT Vision, operated by telecom giant BT, has inked a deal with Universal Networks International, to add Universal Channel, Syfy and E! Entertainment to its channel offerings.
The three channels will be rolled out across the digital service "in the coming weeks" BT said, and will also include "from early in 2013, a slew of programs on demand."
Shows airing on Universal Channel includes U.K. premieres of U.S. crime franchises Law&Order: Special Victims Unit and Criminal Intent, as well as hits Rookie Blue and Flashpoint.
BT Vision users will also be offered access to Syfy’s programming including Haven and Warehouse 13, futuristic thriller Continuum, and paranormal investigation series, Fact or Faked.
And the subscription service channel will also offer E! with original programming including Keeping Up With The Kardashians, the Joan Rivers’ hosted weekly celebrity fashion report, Fashion Police; and Live from the Red Carpet.
BT chief executive of TV Marc Watson said: "As we expand the number of channels available soon for BT Vision customers, we hope that there will be something there for everyone. We will cater for drama lovers, comedy addicts and sports fans in equal measure. We are not finished yet and we will be announcing some more much-loved channels to complete our roster."
The three new channels join BT Vision’s linear offerings, which now includes Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, Real Time, British Eurosport 1 and 2, FX, National Geographic, National Geographic WILD and UKTV’s Gold, Watch and Alibi.
Laurence Dawkin-Jones, U.K. managing director, Universal Networks International, said: “We are delighted to be able to bring BT Vision customers three of our core channel brands and the range of high-caliber programming they boast."
No financial details were disclosed.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!