Bubba Smith, Football Star and 'Police Academy' Actor, Dies
He was 66 and is believed to have died of natural causes.
Bubba Smith, a football star who went on to play a lovable lug in the Police Academy films and Miller Lite commercials, was found dead Wednesday at his Baldwin Hills home in Los Angeles. He was 66.
Smith's body was discovered by a caretaker, police said. Officials believe he died of natural causes.
The 6-foot-7 Charles Aaron Smith was a defensive lineman and future College Football Hall of Famer at Michigan State, then played nine seasons in the pros with the Baltimore Colts, Oakland Raiders and Houston Oilers from 1967-76.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!