Bubba Smith, Football Star and 'Police Academy' Actor, Dies
He was 66 and is believed to have died of natural causes.
Bubba Smith, a football star who went on to play a lovable lug in the Police Academy films and Miller Lite commercials, was found dead Wednesday at his Baldwin Hills home in Los Angeles. He was 66.
Smith's body was discovered by a caretaker, police said. Officials believe he died of natural causes.
The 6-foot-7 Charles Aaron Smith was a defensive lineman and future College Football Hall of Famer at Michigan State, then played nine seasons in the pros with the Baltimore Colts, Oakland Raiders and Houston Oilers from 1967-76.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR