Bubba Smith's 'Police Academy' Spoof Film Was His Last
The former NFL defensive lineman and actor’s last movie may never be released.
Bubba Smith parodied his famous Police Academy role in his final film, Daze: Vol. Too, which may never be released.
Daze: Vol. Too was filmed in 2009. Uwanawich tells the site that it's a "post-modern avant-garde dramedy musical non-musical" that also stars Gary Busey.
It features a musical number that makes digs at Police Academy, TMZ.com reports.
Uwanawich plans to add an in memoriam tribute to the end of the film to Bubba, and to Andrew Koenig, who also appeared in the film and died in February 2010.
"Bubba was full of life up until last month when I last saw him. I'm really gonna miss him but what I'll really miss is his candid nature. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his loved ones and family," Uwanawich says.
Smith's body was found by his caretaker at his Baldwin Hills home in Los Angeles. He was 66.
The former NFL star had gone on to star in Miller Lite commercials and TV series Blue Thunder in addition to his role as a lovable lug in the Police Academy films.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR