Buena Vista Intl., Apsara Distribution Ink Multi-Picture Deal
The titles obtained in the deal include Ron Howard's "Rush," Sylvester Stallone's "Bullet in the Head," and "The Last Stand" starring Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Buena Vista International and Apsara Distribution -- the pan-Asian rights buying arm of IM Global -- are teaming on a multi-year, multi-picture output deal for Hong Kong, Indonesia, Singapore, Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand, Taiwan, Vietnam and Cambodia.
"Working with Buena Vista across these rapidly growing territories, as well as with our partners Reliance Entertainment in India, will hlep us to continue growing Apsara's library and to effectively monetize the kind of star-driven commerical titles that can work so well in the region," IM Global founder-CEO Stuart Ford said.
Apsara titles acquired by Buena Vista include Ron Howard's upcoming Formula One thriller Rush, the Arnold Schwarzenegger starrer The Last Stand, The Fighter, Sylvester Stallone's Bullet to the Head, and Cannes 2012 market titles Motor City, starring Gerard Butler, Liam Hemsworth starrer Paranoia and Peter Berg's Lone Survivor, starring Mark Wahlberg.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR