NFL's Buffalo Bills to Play Atlanta Falcons in Toronto
The team will hold its annual cross-border clash on December 1 at the Rogers Centre as part of a five-year deal with Canadian media giant Rogers Communications.
TORONTO -- The Buffalo Bills are to host the Atlanta Falcons at Rogers Centre in Toronto on December 1 as part of the NFL team’s new five-year deal with Canadian media giant Rogers Communications.
Ticket prices will range from $48 to $225 as the Bills cross Lake Ontario to play their one regular season game in Canada.
Rogers will air the Bills-Falcons match-up in Toronto nationally on its City conventional TV network and its Sportsnet cable sports channel.
The NFL game comes as Rogers, which owns the Toronto Blue Jays baseball team and holds minority stakes in the NHL’s Toronto Maple Leafs and the NBA’s Toronto Raptors, covets bringing the first NFL franchise to Canada.
Rogers and the Bills organization recently renewed their five-year partnership that began in 2008.
The new five-year agreement to 2017 will see the Bills as the home team play six games at Rogers Centre in Toronto.
The Bills previously played the Seattle Seahawks, Miami Dolphins, New York Jets, Chicago Bears and Washington Redskins in Toronto.
Rogers, which markets and sells tickets to the Bills games at Rogers Centre, hasn’t been helped by the Buffalo NFL team’s long playoff drought.
None of the team’s previous five regular-season games at Rogers Centre sold out, stopping Rogers from raising ticket prices.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR