Bumble Ward Takes Top Film Publicity Post at Fox
The veteran British publicist begins work at the studio on Aug. 30.
Bumble Ward has been named executive vice president of publicity at 20th Century Fox, and arrives on the studio lot Aug. 30.
She’ll report directly to Fox president of domestic theatrical marketing and chief marketing officer Oren Aviv and president of domestic theatrical marketing and chief creative officer Tony Sella.
Ward will be responsible for all aspects of publicity campaigns for Fox films in North America.
She formerly ran her own public relations, marketing and communications firm, Bumble Ward & Associates. The company’s client roster included Quentin Tarantino, Tim Burton, Sofia Coppola, Tony Scott, Paul Thomas Anderson, DNA Studios, Freemantle Media and USC School of Cinema and Television.
Ward closed her firm in 2005 to pursue her longtime interests in writing and social media marketing. She also launched a blog (MissWhistle.com), a mix of film, politics, art, books, photography and personal memoir.
“Bumble has long been one of the industry’s most respected publicity professionals and over the past several years she has become a top social media marketing specialist,” Aviv and Sella said.
Her wealth of experience in both traditional and cutting edge approaches will bring an exciting new dynamic to our publicity team, as we continue to innovate and evolve to maximize the opportunities presented by the rapidly-changing media landscape,” they continued.
Prior to launching Bumble Ward & Associates, Ward was an executive at boutique PR firms, Clein + White Public Relations and Marketing, Dennis Davidson & Associates, Andrea Jaffe & Associates, and Clein + Feldman.
Fox has a busy fall and winter calendar, including The Big Year on Oct 14., In Time on Oct. 28, Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked on Dec. 16 and Cameron Crowe’s We Bought a Zoo on Dec. 23.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer, 'X-Men' Director, Calls Suit A 'Sick, Twisted Shakedown'
- The Club 47 Folk Revival Explores the Iconic History of Old Cambridge Folk Club
- Jack Kilmer Talks 'Palo Alto,' His Acting Career And Growing Up With Famous Parents
- Lupita Nyong'o and America's Complicated Relationship With Beauty