Burt Reynolds released after surgery
Manager says actor is 'feeling great' after bypass operation
JUPITER, Fla. -- Burt Reynolds' manager says the actor has been released from a Florida hospital after a planned heart bypass operation.
Erik Kritzer said in a statement Wednesday that Reynolds had been scheduled for the operation for over a month.
Kritzer said Reynolds went into the hospital on Monday and was discharged Tuesday.
Kritzer says the star of "Smokey and the Bandit," "Deliverance" and "Boogie Nights" told him that he has "a great motor with brand new pipes" and is "feeling great."
Last year, Reynolds spent time in a Florida rehab center after treatment for painkiller abuse following back surgery.
Reynolds is 74.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR