David Copperfield Consulted for Warner Bros.' 'Burt Wonderstone'
The legendary illusionist has a cameo in the movie, which stars Steve Carell and Jim Carrey, and tells THR he provided "real magic street cred."
This story first appeared in the Jan. 18 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Turns out David Copperfield didn't just cameo in The Incredible Burt Wonderstone. He also consulted during production for the March 15 magician comedy starring Steve Carell and Jim Carrey.
"They were working on a large-scale trick, an idea for a hangman illusion -- a guy hung from a gallows," Copperfield tells THR. "It was important to the filmmakers that it have real magic street cred, so I helped advise them on how to shoot it without having to use a special camera."
But aren't all audience members just going to be inherently suspicious of any movie magic, regardless of its presentation, in the age of CGI?
"Well, my job is always to try to close that disconnect of not believing," says Copperfield, long known for his TV specials. "Whether onstage or onscreen."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing