Busan International Film Festival Announces Flash Forward Titles
Canadian films prominent among the 10 titles in competition.
HONG KONG – The Busan International Film Festival announced its selections for the 10 films for the Flash Forward sidebar, aimed at promoting young, non-Asian filmmakers.
A Flash Forward Award was created for the section in 2009, the winner of which will be given a $20,000 cash prize.
The 2011 selection includes the debut and second films of directors from Estonia, Armenia, Russia, Poland and Turkey. Subject matters range from war wounds, lovers’ discourse, the Kobe earthquake in Japan, game addiction, African immigrants in Italy, and a new adaptation of Dostoevsky’s The Idiot.
Flash Forward 2011 Selections:Courage, Greg Zglinski, Poland The Idiot, Rainer Sarnet, Estonia Joan and the Voices, Mikayel Vatinyan, Armenia LA-BAS - A Criminal Education, Guido Lombardi, Italy Memories Corner, Audrey Fouche, France/Canada MESH (Walking), Shiar Abdi, Turkey/Germany My Father is Baryshnikov, Dmitry Povoltsky/ Mark Drugoi, Russia Nuit #1, Anne Emond, Canada The Odds, Simon Davidson, Canada Off White Lies, Maya Kenig, Israel
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zosia Mamet Attends 'Hand To God' Opening Night with Boyfriend Evan Jonigkeit!
- Rita Ora Rocks Sexy Pink Bodysuit for L.A. Music Video Shoot!
- Shirtless Josh Henderson's Six Pack is Unreal in Op's Latest Campaign with Bikini-Clad Nina Agdal!
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!