Busan International Film Festival to Feature Yonfan Retrospective
The Hong Kong independent director made 'Bishonen' and 'Peony Pavilion.'
HONG KONG – The 16th Busan International Film Festival will host a retrospective of Hong Kong auteur Yonfan, featuring seven of the director’s restored and re-mastered films from the 1980s through 2000s.
Called a living legend of Hong Kong independent cinema, photographer-turned-producer, writer and director Yonfan is known for the aesthetics, sensuality and big-named cast in his work. Yonfan’s romantic sensibilities became a counterpoint to the action-oriented Hong Kong cinema in the last three decades.
The special program will include A Certain Romance (1984), Double Fixation (1987), Promising Miss Bowie (1990), In Between (1994), Bishonen (1998), Peony Pavilion (2001), and Colour Blossoms (2004), showcasing the star-making turns of Maggie Cheung, Cherie Chung, Jacky Cheung and Daniel Wu.
Yonfan’s complete library of 13 films, restored and re-mastered, is repped by Fortissimo Films.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Aerosmith's 'Dream On' Performed To Honor Boston Marathon Victims And Survivors (VIDEO)
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"