The Business: AFM Heats Up
More than $800 million changed hands as 8,000 execs packed the Santa Monica film market
George Clooney arrived on a bike to boost deals on The Ides of March. Exclusive Media Group and Cross Creek Prods. are financing and co-producing his next directorial outing, along with Clooney and Grant Heslov’s Smoke House and Leonardo DiCaprio's Appian Way. Based on Beau Willimon's play Farragut North, the pic also stars Ryan Gosling, Paul Giamatti, Marisa Tomei and Evan Rachel Wood. CAA, which packaged and raised financing, is handling domestic distribution rights.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch Key & Peele Attempt 34 Impressions In Under 1 Minute (And Fail Hilariously)
- Julie Andrews And Dick Van Dyke's Reunion At 'Saving Mr. Banks' Premiere Makes Us Oh So Happy
- Barack Obama Sings 'Jingle Bells' Because We've All Been Very Good This Year
- Former 'American Idol' Contestant Danny Noriega Joins 'RuPaul's Drag Race'