The Business: Learning to Love Slow TV
If it's not ratings, what's the value in producing the new glacially paced programs?
There are moments on HBO’s therapy drama In Treatment when the pauses seem interminable and the cloistered atmosphere feels as constricting as an air duct. Finally, to cut the tension — or to remind people that their television isn’t accidentally on pause — star Gabriel Byrne will raise an eyebrow.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR