But I Still Don't Like Your Show
THR's TV critic came out of his cave for the TCA Press Tour only to be confronted by those whose shows he panned.
Through the years as a TV critic, I've had plenty of uncomfortable run-ins, all at the biannual Television Critics Association Press Tour, with people I wrote possibly mean -- but definitely true -- things about: Jeff Zucker at NBC (numerous times but most notably when I questioned his legacy or lack thereof); hostile schedulers; any number of polite but pointed PBS executives; and one Fox development exec whose mother I made cry twice -- when I wrote her daughter's department should be fired and when I wrote they should be shot.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR