Buzz Builds Around Maria Shriver's Next Move
As she faces one of the most challenging periods of her life, new reports surface about what the former California first lady will do now.
What's next for Maria Shriver?
That's the question that many are asking as she faces one of the hardest times in her life.
On Tuesday the Los Angeles Times reported that her husband of 25 years, former California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger fathered a child with a household staffer 10 years ago. After the news broke, several reports hit the net speculating on Shriver's next move.
On Monday night, she was spotted dining with Oprah Winfrey in Chicago, fueling buzz that she will partner with her longtime pal for a project at Winfrey's OWN. Radar Online reported last week that Shriver, who was the first guest editor of O: The Oprah Magazine in April, had been contacted by the talk-show queen about hosting a show several months ago. (For now, she was slated to tape a scheduled segment with Gayle King for an upcoming segment of the Oprah Winfrey Show.)
There is also speculation that NBC is courting the former journalist, who gave up her NBC News reporting career in 2004 to focus on her new role as first lady of California, to make her television return at the peacock.
And, then there's also the possibility that the famed Kennedy-clan member will continue with her philanthropic work. As first lady, Shriver created The Women's Conference, focusing on women's empowerment programs. In her farewell blog for the the organization in December, she wrote: "l know that I must continue to use my voice the way I believe it was meant to be used: to help empower women, to help families who struggle to balance responsibilities of work, children, and aging parents, and to connect people with one another."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)