CAA evacuated after gas explosion
EmptyCAA's posh new headquarters were evacuated midday Tuesday following a small gas explosion, a spokesman for the agency said.
The explosion happened at 2:30 p.m. after gas company workers fixed a malfunctioning gas line. The building's fire alarms went off, but the sprinklers did not deploy. The agency's Los Angeles staff, which had moved into the Avenue of the Stars building at just last week, convened in the central courtyard for five to 10 minutes before returning to their offices.
A spokesman for the Los Angeles Fire Department could not be reached for comment.