CAA Signs 'The Sessions' Director (Exclusive)
Ben Lewin directed the drama, which was a player in last year's awards season.
CAA has signed Ben Lewin, the director of the acclaimed 2012 drama The Sessions.
Sessions starred John Hawkes, William H. Macy and Helen Hunt and was a player in the 2012-13 awards season.
Hunt was nominated for a best supporting Oscar, and both she and Hawkes received Golden Globe nominations. The film received BAFTA and SAG nominations in 2013 on top of winning the 2012 Sundance Special Jury Prize for ensemble cast and winning acting statuettes at the Indie Spirit Awards. It also collected audience awards at the Sundance, San Sebastian and Mill Valley film festivals.
What was even more impressive was that the movie was Lewin’s first time directing for the screen since 2003, when he helmed an episode of Touched by an Angel and a documentary titled Hollywood Gold.
Lewin was already on CAA’s radar, as the agency repped Sessions during its sale to Fox Searchlight. Lewin continues to be repped by attorney Craig Emanuel of Loeb & Loeb.
He was previously repped by Michael Lewis and Associates.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'