Cable giant Comcast to Offer Live TV Streaming on Tablets
CEO Brian Roberts says the company wants to "reinvent how customers interact with their entertainment on TV, online and on mobile devices.”
NEW YORK - Cable giant Comcast plans to offer in-home streaming of live TV, as well as anywhere access to on-demand content this year on Apple’s iPad and Android powered tablets, the company said Wednesday.
Later this year, its customers will be able to watch live news, TV shows and movies in their homes via tablet computers whenever they want.
Also, its "play now" function will be available on the iPad in the coming weeks and enable the viewing of on demand programming.
People using its Xfinity TV iPad app can then watch nearly 3,000 hours of on demand content, including movies and hit TV shows, either in the home or on-the-go, including any place a wireless connection.
Comcast also announced at CES that its Xfinity TV online service has added new features that transform any computer into a search engine and remote control.
“Live streaming and the play now feature on our Xfinity TV app are two important pieces of our strategy to deliver any content to any device, any time,” said Comcast chairman and CEO Brian Roberts. “Comcast has a series of upcoming online enhancements and app releases that are part of a much larger effort to reinvent how customers interact with their entertainment on TV, online and on mobile devices.”
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Will Hillary & Bill Clinton's Daughter Chelsea Be Running for Office?
- Zac Efron Gives a Lap Dance, Admits to 'Plowing' Lots of Chicks in Comedy Central Funny Video - Watch Now!
- Miley Cyrus Will 'Remain Hospitalized' After 'Extreme' Reaction to Sinus Infection Antibiotics
- Taylor Swift Steps Out for Ingrid Michaelson Concert in Brooklyn!