Caity Lotz, Toby Stephens Cast in Lead Roles for Content's 'The Machine'
Principal photography on the sci-fi action film is set to start in Cardiff next month.
Caity Lotz (Mad Men, The Pact) and Toby Stephens (Die Another Day) will play the lead roles in Content Film's romantic sci-fi action thriller The Machine, the company said Thursday. Principal photography is set to start on July 23 in Cardiff, Wales.
Content Film is the worldwide film and library sales arm of Content Media Corp. The previously announced project is directed by Caradog James(Little White Lies) and produced by John Giwa-Amu from Red and Black Films. Content’s Jamie Carmichael is executive producing.
The film is set in the near future "with the world plunged into another cold war" and Britain’s Ministry of Defense on the verge of developing a robotic soldier, according to the film description.
"This soldier, called The Machine (Lotz), looks and sounds human, but has the strength, speed and ruthlessness beyond that of any living person," it says. "The project is near completion when a bug in the programming, a side effect of it being too close to human coding, causes the prototype to destroy the lab and everyone in its path in spectacularly violent fashion."
Stephens will play lead scientist Vincent McCarthy who obsessively continues his work on The Machine in secret.
Content is selling the film worldwide.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR