California Films to Distribute 'Beneath the Darkness' in Latin America (Cannes)
Dennis Quaid stars as a mysterious mortician in a small Texas town in the "Disturbia"-like thriller.
California Films has grabbed rights to distribute the thriller Beneath the Darkness throughout Latin America.
In the Disturbia-like thriller, Dennis Quaid stars as a mysterious mortician in a small Texas town who draws the attention of a group of curious teens. Martin Guigui directed from a script by Bruce Wilkinson.
Ronnie Clemmer is producing the film, which is currently in post-production. Scott Mednick and Wilkinson are executive producers.
VP sales and acquisitions Clay Epstein of The Little Film Company negotiated the deal with Balan Melarkode of California Films.
"We are very selective with the films that we are acquiring right now and after reading the script and knowing the cast, we couldn’t wait to get onboard,” said Melarkode. “We’re convinced of the commercial value and look forward to releasing the film.”
The Little Film Company is repping pre-sales for Darkness at the Marche du film. Recent Little Film Company projects include It Might Get Loud, The Last Station and Tsotsi.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR