'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2,' 'Dishonored' and 'Tomb Raider' Reboot Among Gamescom Nominees
The winners of Europe's number one video game conference will be announced August 19.
COLOGNE, Germany - This year's most buzz-worthy video games, including Activision's blockbuster shooter Call of Duty, Black Ops 2; Bethesda's first-person adventure title Dishonored and Square Enix's reboot of the successful Tomb Raider franchise, are among the nominees for the 2012 gamescom awards, to be handed out at Europe's leading video game conference, which runs August 16-19 in Cologne.
Other nominees for the conference's top "Best of gamescom" award are Sony's post-pandemic adventure game The Last of Us and Assassin's Creed III, the latest in the hit stealth adventure series from Ubisoft. All five "best of gamescom" contenders also received nominations in individual categories, which include such subdivisions as Best Console Game, Best PC Game and Best Online Multiplayer Game.
An international jury of video game journalists, including THR's John Gaudiosi, picked this year's gamescom nominees and will vote on the winners, which will be announced August 19 in Cologne.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR