'Call of Duty: Black Ops' Is Best-Selling Video Game Ever in U.S.
About 13.7 million units of the Activision game have been sold since it went on sale Nov. 9.
Call of Duty: Black Ops became the biggest selling video game in history in the U.S. by the close of February, according to data released Thursday from research firm NPD.
NPD said 13.7 million units of the Activision game have been sold domestically since it went on sale Nov. 9.
The game has topped NPD’s top-selling list each month since then.
Wii Play had been the No. 1 game in the U.S. until Black Ops surpassed it some time in February, according to NPD, which on Thursday did not supply specific sales data on any other game beyond Black Ops.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR