'Call of Duty: Black Ops' Is Best-Selling Video Game Ever in U.S.
About 13.7 million units of the Activision game have been sold since it went on sale Nov. 9.
Call of Duty: Black Ops became the biggest selling video game in history in the U.S. by the close of February, according to data released Thursday from research firm NPD.
NPD said 13.7 million units of the Activision game have been sold domestically since it went on sale Nov. 9.
The game has topped NPD’s top-selling list each month since then.
Wii Play had been the No. 1 game in the U.S. until Black Ops surpassed it some time in February, according to NPD, which on Thursday did not supply specific sales data on any other game beyond Black Ops.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR