The Calling Frontman Alex Band Abducted, Beaten
Police say two men pulled the singer into a van and robbed him in Lapeer, Michigan.
Alex Band, singer of the rock band the Calling, was abducted, robbed, and beaten early Sunday morning following a music festival in Lapeer, MI.
The Calling had performed at Lapeer Days Festival on Saturday night. Police are saying that in the early hours of Sunday morning, Band was walking to a mini mart when the abduction took place. A blue-colored minivan pulled up alongside the singer and two male assailants pulled him inside. He was badly beaten and robbed before being left on nearby train tracks.
Once Band was noticed missing, his bandmates assembled a search party and found him later that morning. "The victim reported being assaulted, robbed and dropped off on another street [before he] was transported to the local hospital emergency department by another band member, was treated and released," a statement from the police said. TMZ first reported the incident.
Local police are asking for tips regarding the case, as the assailants remain at large.
The Calling are best known for their hit "Wherever You Will Go," a love ballad off their 2001 album "Camino Palmero," which peaked at No. 5 on the Hot 100. They had recently reunited after an eight-year hiatus.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR