Cameron Diaz to Star in 'What to Expect When You're Expecting'
Kirk Jones is directing from a script by Shauna Cross and Heather Hach.
Cameron Diaz is in final negotiations to star in What to Expect When You’re Expecting, Lionsgate and Phoenix Pictures’ adaptation of the nonfiction pregnancy guidebook series.
Kirk Jones (Nanny McPhee) is directing from a script worked on by Shauna Cross and Heather Hach.
The story follows five couples who suffer the many joys of the childbirth process.
Diaz will play a woman in the mold of Jillian Michaels and hosts a weight-loss fitness show.
Phoenix's Mike Medavoy, Arnie Messer and David Thwaites are producing.
Lionsgate picked up the movie rights to the Heidi Murkoff books in October.
Diaz, repped by CAA, was last seen in The Green Hornet and is generating quite a bit of advance buzz for her turn as a scheming educator in Columbia’s Bad Teacher.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera