Fox Execs Made Cameron Diaz Rerecord Her 'Counselor' Lines
The actress' first attempt at a Barbadian accent was too Rihanna for the studio.
This story first appeared in the Nov. 15 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
The Counselor, the star-studded Ridley Scott thriller disbarred at the domestic box office (and handed a 37 percent Rotten Tomatoes verdict), already is infamous for Cameron Diaz's sex scene with a Ferrari. But the actress suffered another indignity.
Diaz, whose character has a relatively subtle Barbados lilt in the film, originally voiced it with a full-on Rihanna-style accent -- but Fox execs blanched, forcing her to dub her work later, much to her chagrin. Not that it helped the film's prospects.
Scott's rep declined comment, and Diaz's camp didn't respond.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)