Can a Fox Audience Love a Serial Killer?
The network can't put ads near schools as it courts a cable crowd for "The Following"
Is it Fox or FX? Viewers of the upcoming Kevin Bacon series The Following might need to double-check their DVRs. The gory psychological thriller from Scream and The Vampire Diaries producer Kevin Williamson that centers on an Edgar Allan Poe scholar (James Purefoy)-turned-serial killer features all the auspices of a cable drama: a flawed protagonist (Bacon is a damaged FBI agent in alcohol-infused semi-retirement), an A-list cast (it's his first regular series role), literary undertones, operatic violence and lots and lots of blood.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Social & Mobile
From our partners
- Charlie Sheen Might Be Ditching His Stage Name
- Amanda Bynes Maintains That She Did Not Throw a Bong, Claims NYPD Sexually Harassed Her
- Photos: Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper, and Amy Adams on the Set of David O. Russell’s American Hustle
- Watch Will and Jaden Smith Do a Father-Son Version of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Rap