Can Zombies Be Popular and Respected?
"The Walking Dead" executive producer Gale Anne Hurd, whose season finale on AMC drew 9 million viewers, argues why the Emmys should start embracing genre fare (hint: bigger awards show ratings!).
Who doesn't want to win an Emmy, raise your hands? OK, so maybe it's true that some of you already have received so many statuettes that you've run out of places to stow them. I understand. Having the admiration and respect of your peers year after year might just get boring after a while. If you happen to have one that is gathering dust in a closet, I'll take it on loan, since the odds of my actually winning one are probably between remote and zero.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR