Canada Gets All-Chicken TV Channel
Product placement deal puts Rotisserie Channel on Rogers Cable dial.
TORONTO – Canada already has a hypnotic Fireplace Channel on the local airewaves each Christmas, where a yule log burns in a fireplace 24/7.
Turns out ambient TV is catching on here as Rogers Cable introduces a digital TV channel with a constant loop of roasting chickens turning on a spit.
The Media in Canada newspaper reports Rogers has teamed up with the Swiss Chalet fast food chain to launch the all-chicken channel on Feb. 28 for digital TV subscribers as part of a major product placement deal.
The mesmerizing Rotisserie Channel will feature two rows of finger-licking good birds roasting in an open-flame oven, with crackling fire sound effects in the background.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR