Canada’s Slice Acquires TBS Reality Show 'King of the Nerds'
The Canadian channel acquired eight episodes of the Electus competition series that geek-tests fanboys and physicists and stars Robert Carradine and Curtis Armstrong.
TORONTO – Shaw Media’s Slice channel has acquired the TBS unscripted competition series King of the Nerds from Electus International.
The eight-episode reality series from Ben Silverman's Electus stars Robert Carradine and Curtis Armstrong of Revenge of the Nerds fame and will bow here on January 23.
The competition series sees 11 nerds in a fantasy filled mansion compete in geek-testing challenges for a $100,000 prize.
A show about the nerdy side of competition is a departure for the female-skewing Slice channel, which specializes in serious reality series like Big Brother Canada, Til Death Do Us Part and Property Virgins.
Shaw Media has already had success with other Electus International series like The Biggest Loser and Mob Wives.
The acquisition also comes as the nerdy sitcom The Big Bang Theory remains Canada’s top-rated comedy on the rival CTV network.
King of the Nerds is executive produced by Silverman and Jimmy Fox of Electus, 5X5 Media’s Rick Ringbakk, Tod Mesirow and Craig Armstrong.
Carradine and Armstrong also serve as executive producers on the show, with Electus International distributing internationally.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Sunny Day Real Estate Releases 'Lipton Witch,' First Song In 14 Years
- 'Batman Beyond' Animated Short Premieres At WonderCon In Honor of Franchise's 75th Anniversary
- Here Is A Photo Of Mariah Carey Dressed As A Bunny And Using Nick Cannon As Furniture
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress
- Lea Michele Gets Cozy with Co-Star on Her Music Video Set!
- Madonna Wants Us to Get Behind Her to Start a Love Evolution!
- Calvin Harris Previews Small Sample of Rita Ora's New Single - Listen Now!